Grace Church is the third oldest Episcopal congregation in Howard County. The Holy Spirit has been with Grace Church in the past, is with us in the present, and is leading us into the future. Every generation has its own unique opportunities and challenges, and we at Grace continue to discern what Christ is calling us to do and be today. Below you can find a link to our 2013 parish profile, our 2012 strategic plan, and our more historical parish profile done in the 1990’s.
Heading toward 200 years…Grace Church of the Elk Ridge Landing
- 1841 – Rev. Robert Piggot began preaching on Sunday afternoons in various local homes.
- 1845 – First church acquired and moved to west of the railroad tracks
- 1856 – New church built and dedicated
- 1911 –Consecration of new Historic Stone Church on Main Street & Brumbaugh Avenue off Rt. 1
- 1966 – Parish Hall on Montgomery Road was built on the corner of Landing Road and Montgomery Road
- 1972 – Grace establishes a preschool and child development center
- 1995 – Grace partners with Elkridge Elder Ministries to build affordable housing for senior citizens
- 2002 – Grace builds a new facility to house the Grace Early Childhood Center
“As we celebrate our past and look with hope to our future, let us be reminded of previous generations whose generosity enables us to worship in the wonderful facilities we enjoy each week. Let us be reminded of the community our forebears loved and served. We are a congregation today because of those who came before us at Grace Church and were moved by the Holy Spirit to offer their gifts. Now it is our time to gratefully offer ours, and for all of our rich blessings, let us give thanks.”
Here are links to our